This is my travel bucket list – Things to do before I die!
I’m continuously updating my travel bucket list and I can’t wait to check off more items soon!
1. Visiting every country in Europe
2. Backpacking through South America
√ Check – after my semester abroad in Mexico. I traveled through South America for around 4 months; from Colombia down south through Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, the northern parts of Chile and Argentina and finally further into Brazil
3. Travelling Asia
√ Check – Asia is probably my favorite continent to travel and I explored many Asian countries during several trips in the last years
4. Doing a road trip around Australia
5. Partying at the Oktoberfest in Munich
√ Check – so much fun! Prost!
√ Check – it was epic! I did my skydive in Oahu, Hawaii and had a fantastic view of the whole island – the jungle, the beach, the coast. Absolutely breathtaking and one of the best experiences I ever had
7. Bungee Jumping
√ Check – this one was so scary! I did my jump in Chiang Mai in northern Thailand.
8. Hiking in the Himalaya in India
9. Getting my scuba diving license
√ Check – during my first trip to Asia, at Koh Tao in Thailand
10. Visiting Fiji Island
11. Island hopping in the Caribbean
12. Traveling with the Trans-Siberian Railway
√ Check – I traveled from Latvia all the way to Mongolia via Russia and Kazakhstan in summer 2016
13. Going into the Amazon Jungle
√ Check – in Ecuador, I did a 4-day journey into the rainforest. Amazing experience, but the huge spiders and snakes very so scary!
14. Sleeping under the stars
√ Check – in the Sahara Desert in Morocco. Epic sky!
15. Hiking down the Grand Canyon
√ Check – during my first trip to California, when I was only 16 years old
16. Seeing Northern lights
17. Riding in a hot air balloon
18. Eating crazy/disgusting stuff which is a cultural delicacy
√ Check – living octopus, sheep head, fried crickets – YUM!
19. Trekking to the Mount Everest base camp
20. Celebrating Carnival in Brazil
21. Spending a night in a glass igloo
22. Scuba diving at Great Barriers Reef
23. Visiting Antarctica
24. Visiting Easter Island
25. Hiking at the Great Wall in China
√ Check – during my 1-months trip to China in summer 2015
26. Seeing the Egyptian Pyramids
27. Hiking to an active volcano
√ Check – standing on top of Mt. Bromo in Java, Indonesia was epic!
28. Standing on Machu Picchu
√ Check – during my South America journey in summer 2017
29. Visiting the Taj Mahal
√ Check – during my India backpacking trip in winter 2016
30. Hiking Kilimanjaro
31. Riding an elephant
√ Check – but I wish I didn’t! I went for a ride during my first Southeast Asia trip when I was young, naïve and without any clue about the horrible treatment of elephants in Asia for tourism purposes. The elephant I was sitting on didn’t really want to walk, so he was beaten with a pick hammer! No one should support this, so please skip this bucket-list item. Absolutely nothing to be proud of!
32. Backpacking all by myself
√ Check – first time in Morocco (just one week), but soon after for my first big solo trip around Asia, with many trips to follow
33. Appearing on television
√ Check – I got interviewed for a TV production in Japan which was broadcasted on national television a few weeks later
34. Backpacking India
√ Check – and still one of my favorite destinations!
35. Celebrating Holi Festival of Colours in India
36. Traveling Iran
37. Visiting Petra in Jordana
38. Seeing cherry blossoms in Japan
39. Seeing Mt. Fuji
√ Check – during my trip to Japan. Truly magic!
40. Flying in a Helicopter
√ Check – to see the stunning Iguazu Falls in Brazil
41. Backpacking Central America
42. Flying first class
43. Riding a jet ski
44. Partying in Las Vegas
√ Check – one of the best party nights ever. I even crashed a wedding!
45. Going on a luxurious cruise
46. Living on every continent of the world for some time
47. Swimming in the Marina Bay Sands Infinity Pool Singapore
48. Doing a road trip through the USA (from one coast to the other)
49. Traveling Central Asia (the –stan countries)
50. Seeing whales
√ Check – in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
51. Riding on a camel in the desert
√ Check – in the Sahara Desert in Morocco, in the Thar desert in India and in the Gobi desert in Mongolia
52. Dog Sledging in Scandinavia
53. Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland
54. Seeing the sunrise at Bagan, Myanmar
55. Doing a temple stay
√ Check – during the time I lived in South Korea. Great experience!
56. Making over $1000 for a charity
57. Visiting North Korea
58. Seeing Stonehenge
59. Trekking in Nepal
60. Celebrating day of the dead in Mexico
61. Floating in the dead sea in Israel
62. Celebrating Chinese’ New Year in Asia
63. Standing on top of the Burj Khalifa, the highest building of the world
√ Check – during my long transfer in Dubai on the way back from India
64. Seeing a Tango performance in Argentina
65. Doing a gondola ride in Venice
66. Witnessing the great migration in East Africa
67. Hitchhiking across several countries
68. Seeing the “door to hell”, Turkmenistan
69. Going on a safari in Africa
√ Check – in the Maasai Mara national park in Kenya. Absolutely incredible!
70. Swimming in the Devil’s pools at Victoria Falls
71. Going to the opera in Sydney
72. Swinging on the edge of the world in Ecuador
√ Check – during my South America trip in 2017
73. Visiting every country in the world! (55/197)
… to be continued!
What’s on your travel bucket list? Let me know in the comments!